Sunday, July 11, 2010

ornament flower card


Here is one of the cards we made at my last stampin' session.  We were exploring some of the fun things you can do with the ornament punch.  This is proof positive that the ornament punch is not just for Christmas!!
I saw this idea on Connie Babbert's blog and had to try it.  It uses several of my favorite tools such as the Big Shot, Perfect Details Texturz Plate, the ornament punch, and the scallop square die cut.  I also used an old pair of decorative scissors on the edges of the leaves to make them a bit more realistic.  Lovely, I think. Cards like this are fun because you can sit in front of the TV or chatting with friends and punch out a hunk of ornaments and sponge the edges then assemble the card later when you are back with your stampin supplies.

I want to send heart felt greetings to two friends tonight.
First, I want to saw "whoohoo" for my friend Howard.  Today his family had a celebration of him - as he has just returned from a stint in the middle east.  Did I mention that he is over 60years old?  What a great guy!!! We love you for your willingness to give medical care to our soldiers who are protecting all we hold dear.  June, so glad you have your hubby back home safely...remember we need to do a lunch soon!

Second, I want to send out hugs to my dear friend, Maureen who has been shouldering more medical "hits" than are imaginable.  So glad you are home from the hospital...even if you are turning into a pin cushion!!!  When you are ready I will be there to give you a hug..I'm sending it now mentally.  Love ya, girl!

Peggy

No comments: