Friday, October 12, 2012

Xmas SAS, pt 3, project 2

Hi Stampers
Today I have another card for you.  This card is a bit more labor intensive because it involves coloring.   I offered the stampers at the class the opportunity to use a variety of coloring options, including watercolor crayons and watercolor pencils.  One lady even chose to leave the bird in black and white.


Some folks aren't into birds, but I really like this image.  Wish I could remember the name of the bird.   One of my stampers knows her birds and she immediately named it - as I recall it began with "English". She said we have lots of them in this area. Maybe if she looks at this post, she can add a comment to tell us the rest of the official name.  Unlike yesterday's card, this card made good use of my Big Shot:  Finishing Touches Edgelits (lacy Old Olive edge), Labels Collection framelits (Cherry Cobbler frame around the bird), Designer Frames (the impressed dotted oval on the label), and Petals a Plenty Textured Impressions Embossing folder (the Cherry Cobbler strip on the side).  This card was tweaked from a similar card by Fran Kennedy.
Have you looked at my Stampin' Up! blog (peggyouten.stampinup.net) to see the Perfectly Penned stamps that are available individually for a short time only?  This is such a nice option to be able to buy just the one greeting you prefer from a set.
Peggy

No comments: