Friday, February 24, 2023

New Stampin Opportunity!!!

I think we can all agree that the last couple of years have forced many adjustments on us. Some changes have turned out somewhat disappointing but many others have tapped our resourcefulness and creativity. I have decided to try and make our getting together easier and more convenient so here is my latest strategy. (Please note: I will still be conducting in person classes for those who enjoy them as much as I do!)
On Sunday night, I will post on here a list of supplies needed to make a mystery card, including measurements for each piece of cardstock or paper in the project, along with the adhesives and tools needed to make the card. You will cut the materials yourself and gather the tools, stamps and embellishments from your own stash. You will not see my card at that time. We will meet via zoom on Monday night at 8pm to actually make the card from step by step directions I will prepare in advance. Because each of us is using our own supplies, each of us will end up with a unique creation using a similar format. At the end of the zoom gathering we'll show our creation and delight in the uniqueness of each creation. I will invite you to post your creation in the comments section on my blog if you'd like. What is great about this? You do not have to get dressed up and go out! You do not have to be in the company of people you don't know. You get to dig into your supply of papers, stamps and inks...you do not have to spend more money. I have watched other folks mystery card sessions and will be trying to make mine clear and accurate and since we will be on zoom, we will move along (no dilly dallying) and be finished in 45 minutes. Now if you'd like to participate but don't have any unused supplies, for future sessions I can prepare kits in advance which can be purchased in advance (materials cost plus postage or porch pick up). I will be eager to hear how much you enjoy this strategy and any feedback you'll want to share. I think we could have a great time together and feel the excitement of creating a card to share with friends. Once you have made one card, you will have your own resource to make more - either the same or with new colors and papers. You will need the password to get into the zoom gathering so RSVP to me that you want the password by sending me an email at peggyouten@outlook.com or by contacting me on facebook. I'm excited about this opportunity ...I hope you are too! Let's get together and play!

No comments: