Sunday, September 26, 2010

Halloween Projects, #1

Hi all
Sorry to be "missing in action" for a few days ...but "in action" I was!!!  Wednesday night was a band booster/practice night where we had to move the pit equipment back and forth to the practice field, then we checked and fixed all the uniforms.  We had to reach up to the one shoulder of the jacket and snap and button - it can be tricky, especially when the uniforms are hanging on the storage racks - once again I am reminded just how short I am!!!  Friday night  I was part of the field crew for the football game performance.  Yesterday was UNBELIEVABLE - here I am at 50+ pushing a wooden cart full of a 36" in diameter gong on a stand, a 36" drum and stand, several music stands, 3 rain sticks, and a vibraphone up a very steep hill and across the property of Westminster High School.  I got re-acquainted with muscles I forgot I have!!!  This activity is either keeping me young or putting me in an early grave!!  Thank heaven TODAY was a stampin day!!! Whoo hoo!!

I want to give a shout out to Beth, Kittie and Kristen who came to my class for the first time today.  We love to have new gals join us to play. Hope they had fun and will join us again soon. 
Here is my special card for today:





Now this may not seem so special to you but did you notice my fence at the bottom of the card?  Guess how it was done?  It is the candleabra from the Wicked Cool set.  We inked the stamp, except for the foot of the candleabra, and stamped it upside down.  With the help of the stamp a ma jig, we were able to stamp it repeatedly and connect each time.  When I finally got a chance to stamp this idea, I was so excited because it looked exactly like the spooky fence I had imagined.  Fun!!! 
I'm headed off to bed now ...come back to see the other 7 projects we made today!!
Peggy

1 comment:

Karen's Cards n Stamps said...

Peggy, I just LOVE the witch in the moon!! Great card and thank you so much for taking the time to share with us!!