Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Treats for staff at my other school

When I first saw the new Stampin' Up! owl punch (118074), I knew I had to share it with my co-workers at one of my schools.  The school mascot is the owl.
I die cut (Big Shot, 113439) the bookmarks using the two tags die (115954) by folding the cardstock and placing it just inside the cut line at one end of the image.  By doing that, when I ran the die through the cutter, I ended up with a folded tag.  I attached the punched scallop circle to the front and then the owl.  Two small pieces of magnet attached inside the bookmark allow the flaps to attach to each other over the pages of the book.  The trick to placing the magnets is to stick a piece of magnet to the inside of the folded tag.  Then the second magnet is attached to the first one and the strip is removed from the back to expose the sticky - when you close the tag the sticky attaches to the flap so the magnets are aligned.  Fun and easy!
Peggy

No comments: