Thursday, September 13, 2012

'12 Stamp a Stack, Part 2, project 1

Hi all,
Well, I must apologize...I have been away from blogging this week ....mostly, I have been falling asleep in front of the TV at night.  These first couple of weeks of work have been exhausting!!  The horrible heat and humidity have been unbelievable but, in addition to that, I have moved my stuff from one room to another TWICE at one of my schools and once at the other school.  It is hard enough to physically move the stuff, but setting it all up to be efficient, only to have to regroup again bleeds the mind and spirit, too.  I hope I can stay put for a while!!

Today I am going to begin to show you the five cards from my last holiday stamp a stack class.   Today's card uses cherry cobbler cardstock and lucky limeade ink.  You know I am totally hooked on my Big Shot so, of course, I used the Label Collection Framelits, the Holiday Collection Framelits, and the Window Frame collection.  The big shot REALLY came in handy for this card .... I had all of my available seats filled for this class so I was cutting for 32 of each card design!!  That is why the signup date is early for Stamp a stack classes...I need plenty of time to get all the prep done. 


When the gals made their cards, they were given four different pieces of Designer Series Paper so each person had a unique collection of four cards and each card had its own special flair.  Fun to see how changing up the papers impacts on the splash of each card.  This card was tweaked from a card made by Mary Brown....I love her work.
My next holiday stamp a stack class - with all new card designs - will be held on October 7th.  I am already accepting registrations for this class so if you are interested, contact me soon.  There will be one last collection of holiday cards on Nov 11...I am accepting registrations for that now as well.   Don't wait til the last minute...you might be shut out!  if you are interested in the next class but cannot attend on Oct 7th please contact me.   I have been asked to do a repeat of that class Oct 7th class on another date and I am considering doing a repeat of the session if there is enough interest.

Peggy

No comments: