Sunday, September 23, 2012

uh oh!!!!

Hi all
Just want to catch you up.....something new is going on with blogger and I am having trouble finding all the aspects of my blog.   I will try to figure out what is going on and where to find details but in the meantime, I will add another card for you to see. 
This card simply features a wreath ...but I love it!  It was inspired by Georgeann Manning.  I changed it up a bit, as you know I like to do.  Hate to take someone's idea without putting in a little thought into it  myself.

I used the wood grain textured impressions folder, hoping it makes the white segment resemble a door.  Wanted to have a nice greeting on the card and this one is from the Christmas Lodge stamp set.  Now this particular tag shape is die cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  Of course, this framelit only cuts one size so guess how I got the second layer?  I simply traced around the outside edge of the framelit.  The edge of the framelit is slightly larger than the cutting point so it makes a perfect layer - the gals just had to hand cut the old olive c/s.   If you align one long edge to the next when you trace,  it reduces the amount of cutting you have to do.  Love the sweet edge along the side of the woodgrain made by punching out with the ribbon border dotted scallop punch. 
Remember, you have just a short time (one week) to cash in on the "back to spool" offer from Stampin' Up! - a free spool of 3/8" stitched satin ribbon (five "in colors" to choose from)  for each $40 you spend...but you have to get it in by the end of September.   Can you believe September is almost over?   Remember, too...need to hear from  you by Wednesday if you plan to attend the Halloween class on Sept 30th...cards and treats!
Peggy

No comments: