Saturday, September 15, 2012

Xmas Stamp a stack, part 2 project 2

Hi all
Whoo! so glad the temps have cooled!!  I was climbing around in the garage today, looking for some special materials to use with my "day" students.  Could never have done that a week ago, as it was stifling; today was rather comfortable. 
Time to show you another card from the holiday stamp a stack...

This card gave us an opportunity to use several of the images from the Joyous Celebrations set.  I always seem to include my Big Shot in all my projects...you can see this time it was with the new Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Great background!  The inks include Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Primrose Petal, and Soft Suede.  The cherry cobbler dazzling details highlights the reindeer's nose and the Xmas tree.  The brad that is holding the bow together has a rhinestone in it and there is a rhinestone at the top of the tree. The Primrose Petal ribbon is on special...for each $40 (subtotal) you spend, you get a roll FREE!!!   yum!!
One of the great things about this card is that it lends itself to mass production and assembly line production.  The bow is separate from the ribbon wrapped around the card so you could easily sit at your child's sports game, whipping up a bunch of bows or pre-cutting the ribbon to wrap around the card.  You can pre-cut several 8 1/2 x 1 3/4" strips of white c/s and stamp out a bunch of ovals then later stamp in the detail image.  When you are trying to make many of a single project, it pays to study the assembly to find some segments that you can accomplish when you only have a few minutes at a time.
Tonight I have been working on my upcoming class schedule.  I have so many great ideas to share with you that I can hardly squeeze them all in!!  Tomorrow starting checking my SU website (peggyouten.stampinup.net) for details.

Peggy

No comments: