Thursday, September 19, 2013

Holiday SAS #2, project 2

Hi all
I have another project from last Sunday's Holiday Stamp a stack class for you tonight.......

This project is done in Always Artichoke and Old Olive greens....and of course, I used my Big Shot and the Floral Frames, Chalk Talk, and Gift Bow Dies.  The bow was made using retired designer paper.  I used the smaller bow of the two on the Gift Bow die.  After I cut two of the ends of the ribbon of the bow, I realized using both sections would cover most of the wreath.  Instead I discarded one of those pieces and cut one of the bow ends in half (lengthwise) and I think it looks so much better!  More balanced. The Chalk Talk greeting tag was die cut twice.  First, I die cut the bread tag then turned it around and die cut it again so the straight-cut end was also scalloped and both ends would match. The trick to cutting the tag twice is to place the top plate only over the end of the die that you are cutting the second time.  The edges of the greeting were sponged in gold encore ink. 
I really love the way this card came out - each of the gals was given four different designer papers so each of their cards was unique.
Peggy

No comments: