Saturday, September 28, 2013

life's little surprises

Well ladies, tonight was my squash album class, which I developed at the request of my friend who wanted a class for her coworkers.  We had a total of 6 ladies and as we stared to select papers, colors and cardstock, I discovered that I had totally misunderstood which album the ladies wanted.  Uh oh!
One lady had signed up for the class based on the picture of the project I THOUGHT we were making ...and of course, I had to give her what she came for.   The other five ladies wanted the alternative project, and that is what I committed to giving them.   No Fear!!   I set the ladies to choosing their papers and cardstock while I quick took a quick look at the new project and began cutting.  The ladies were patient as I measured and re-measured, and in the end, I think they all looked very happy and proud as they finished their unique, truly one of a kind album.  Luckily, I am not put off by having to think on my feet and the ladies were troopers, taking on the challenge of doing the album for the first time.  It was a fun evening...in spite of the O's losing their game.  Thanks, ladies for a fun evening.  Though the ladies didn't know it, I had a horrible day on Thursday and really appreciated their fun spirit....totally lifted my heart!

No comments: