Sunday, June 13, 2010

My latest card carrier project

Hi all
Seems that lately I have been stamping "on demand"...you know, when you NEED to have a project for a special person or occasion.  Here is my latest ...a gift for a dear friend who has fought a hard battle with health issues.  We were happy to celebrate her improved health yesterday in her glorious back yard!  I especially enjoyed seeing my old buds from one of my former schools..hugs, gals!

 This is retired DSP and ribbon on a metal DVD case but the DSP and ribbon are  sooo lovely that I really enjoy using my left overs.  Of course the top note and bird are die cuts.

This is the inside - there are several different cards on the right side and a mini pen.  On the left are the envelopes and a mini scallop die cut envelope to store stamps.
One thing I learned doing this...be sure NOT to put the ribbons in the same place.  They add too much bulk to the box so when you close it ...it doesn't!!  That is why I added the punched closure and velcro on the front...to squeeze it shut.  I could have removed a few cards but I really wanted her to have 6, not 4.
Here is what if looks like on the left when the envelopes are removed.  I added the slip of lined paper for her to jot dates or addys.  Actually I added it because when I moved the ribbon up, I tore the paper a bit and did not have another sheet to replace it.  Instead, I just covered up my boo-boo.  Remember the rule about embellishments?  Where should you put them?  Wherever you NEED to.  Shhh! don't tell Judy I goofed!  It was a gift of love even if the boo boo is hiding unde there.
We could do a class for card carriers if anyone is interested...just let me know.
Back to my school  progress reports......five days left!!!!!
Peggy

No comments: