Wednesday, August 4, 2010

convention trade number 7

This is the last card I took to trade at convention.  It is a take off on one of the cards I took last year that was done in the color Bermuda Bay.  Again I used the border punch (this time the ribbon border punch) as a substitute for ribbon.  It made it a lot easier to transport across the country because there was not so much bulk as there would have been with ribbon. When I first made this card I had the yellow center on the flower and I was very unsatisfied with the look.  It needed something.  I couldn't use any special brads or such because I did not have enough of any one design so I kept staring at it and finally I decided to punch the center out of the flower and layer it on TOP of the yellow flower...it was the perfect simple solution. 
Peggy

No comments: