Monday, August 23, 2010

Return to work!!!

Today is back to work/school day for me!!  Luckily, the school system does not pay us in the summer so if you are not eager to go back to work after the summer, you are at least eager to get back to being paid!!  I thought I would sweeten the first day back for my coworkers with a little treat.  I made between 60 and 75 of these treats (I lost count!!) for the staff at one of my schools.  (Soon I will show you a different treat I made for my other school's staff).   I love the little one inch cubes which are absolutely perfect for the Stampin' Up!  "Cute by the inch" stamp set.   Unfortunately I ran out of the die cut cubes which I think I cut years ago when we had a specialty craft store here in Cockeysville.  I cannot find a die here so I guess that is where they came from - either that or from our local county resource center.  I will have to investigate because I would love to have more of them!!  Anyway, luckily I also have the Sizzix die for the mini popcorn box which worked very nicely as well.  Both the square cubes and the popcorn boxes each hold two Hershey kisses. Sweet!!  I don't think my coworkers will care that I used a variety of retired inks and cardstock.  By the way the letters with the highlighted "hi" was stamped on the top of each box and the wise old owl was stamped on the front.  Hope the folks enjoy them...the staff are not going to be in the best of moods today because the air conditioning in the building is broken.  We have been warned to bring our fans!!  Hope a cool breeze blows by soon!!
Peggy

No comments: