Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Post Stampin Up! convention trades class, part 1, project #1

Hi all
Today I want to begin showing you some of the cards I got when trading at convention.  I usually don't like to copy anyone else's work identically - I feel I have an obligation to try to put my own mark on each project, so take a look.

The card on the left is the one I received from Jan Carlson.  Somewhere along the line I saw the technique where the stem was stamped on the background and the flower was layered on the card so I worked that idea into my version of Jan's card.  I used the stamp sets: Bold Blossom, Season of Joy (the flourish) and Button Button (the center).  The colors are whisper white, daffodil delight, old olive, basic black, melon mambo, tempting turquoise.  I love the fresh look of the card.
Peggy

No comments: