Sunday, July 31, 2011

Post Stampin Up! convention trades class, part 1 #6

Hi all
Today's project is essentially a black and white project - with just a hint of color for a little pizzazz.  I received the card from Denise DeLawter (top), whose spot of color is pumpkin pie.  I chose to use retired rose red glitter instead (bottom). 

It doesn't seem to show up well in this picture, but the center of each medallion is colored with the glitter.  Denise's recipe suggests that she used a two way glue stick to attach her glitter but I prefer to use glue dots.  Stick the dot to the card front and then pour glitter onto the glue dot and press it on with your finger.  You don't have to wait for the glue to dry as the glitter covers all the sticky surfaces.
I sure have used my new border punch often since I got it.   It was very popular at convention - I even saw one lady use the little tiny leftover pieces as chocolate chips on a cupcake on a card.  Cute!
Peggy

No comments: