Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fun fun fun card!!!!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!
I am sitting here with the gals as they stamp... stamp... stamp...some guy projects.  Thought I would take a minute while no one needs help to show you a really fun card from a former class!!


I am a big fan of the 3D treat cups and I happened to have these cute little candies available - thought they looked like gumballs.  This sweet set (Something Sweet)  is retiring on the 31st so it was fun to get one last use out of it before it goes bye-bye!  (It will be one of my personal items up for sale on the 1st of June).
Let's look inside.....


You can see that I covered the back of the opening on the cup with a piece of transparency.  You cannot see that I used the perforator from the cutter kit to score an "x" on the transparency.   I wanted to be able to see through the cup to the inside of the card AND I wanted the recipient to be able to get at those candies. The perforations will allow them access without tearing apart the card.  The colorful circles on the DSP is a great echo to the balls in the cup!  Placing the greeting low in the card kept if from being visible when you look through the cup.
Did you happen to notice my innovation?  I am proud of this fun little element. 


We stamped the "Happy Birthday" greeting on a narrow strip of white cardstock and then used a quilling tool to roll it up.  The end was tucked into a hole that had been punched where the gumball would usually roll out.  Such a fun surprise card!   Love it!!!

Remember if you need a particular single color of SU marker, get them now because once the new catalog starts you will only be able to get 13 colors singly (Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, Razzleberry), the rest of the colors will only be available in color family packs.

Hope you enjoyed this fun little card!!
Be safe this weekend..there are some crazy people out there!!

Peggy

No comments: