Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hi all
Hope you all are enjoying a pleasant Saturday.  Here, we were anticipating bad weather but, as happens so often in this area, the weather did not match the predictions.  I was glad the snow didn't come, although I know others were probably disappointed.
I got to enjoy a lovely afternoon with some fellow stampers at a workshop and came home with a lady interested in recruiting.  Is there anything more fun than having others join you in the activity you love?  I look forward to her exploring the fun of being a demo.  She is happy to have the starter kit for only $99 and getting to choose all the products in her kit.
Let me show you one of the projects the ladies did today - we tried to get the hostess' father in law to participate but he was concerned word would get out at his workplace that he had been stampin and he would be teased.  Silly guy!!  Even showing him the new "Dude, you're welcome" kit for guys did not convince him to play with us!
Of course, we have just passed Valentine's Day so the hostess asked for St. Patrick's Day and Easter projects instead.  Here is a fun Easter Card...
I had it in my head that I wanted to do a hole in the fence card so it seemed that the new Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder would be a great place to start.  After the gals ran the lucky limeade cardstock through the Big Shot, we used a light hand and brayed basic gray ink over the surface of the raised design.  We spritzed the back of the cardstock with water and then poked a hole and began to peel back the edges.  The water allowed us to handle the cardstock edges and once they were in position, we used the heat gun to dry the cardstock which set it in place.


The bunnies are actually stamped on the inside of the card.  These bunnies are one of the new single stamps available from Stampin' Up! - I chose to get this stamp because it seemed like a versatile stamp - can't  you imagine it being useful for Easter and for baby cards too?!  Love it.  This card will probably be in my next stampin class which I am planning now.  I have missed you all but my calendar has been a little crazy lately.  Come join me on Sunday, February 24th for some fun!!
Peggy

No comments: