Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hi all
Well, I have to begin my post today with a big "Happy Birthday" wish to my dear older son, Davy.  Today he is 26 years old.  Davy is a wonderful son and man.  He is very focused and accomplished and it has been a treat to be his mom.  Where did the all the years go?   I remember when he was a young boy, he had the biggest mop of blond hair.  Early on, I use to cut his hair myself...bowl cut and all that jazz!  Now the light of the top of his head is showing through...how can that be?  As a little boy, he would methodically build with blocks, sometimes trying particular alignments of the blocks many times before he got exactly the correct alignment to build the way he wanted.  Today he is a mechanical engineer.  He prides himself in knowing as much as possible about every element of his job.  Soon he will be graduating from UMBC with his Master's degree.  He is always a great help to me when I prepare our holiday pies.  I have always said, if you can include a tool in the job, you can get a guy to help ...so Davy always mans the apply corer/pealer device.  It has always been a great help and saves stress on my achy hands!  On Thanksgiving, he works with my goofy dog until Remy can calm down and deal with our company.  Have a fabulous birthday, Davy!   Let me also send out birthday greetings to another addicted stamper, my friend Donna.   Hope you have a wonderful day, too!
Now on to a holiday card....
This card is nice and glitzy!!  Love it!
 
The snowflake was die cut using the Snow Flurry Bigz Die and the Big Shot machine, of course, and the gold glitter paper.  For this card, I resurrected some old gold organza ribbon and a gold brad to keep it all together.  A swatch of designer paper and a die cut pair of labels finish off the card front.  The small stamped medallion in the center of the snowflake is from the Mixed Medley stamp set.  "JOY" and the oval are from the Joyous Celebrations stamp set.  There is a greeting inside from the More Merry Messages set.
Peggy

No comments: