Friday, November 23, 2012

Hi all,
While many of you are probably out shopping, taking advantage of the Black Friday sales, I am here in my stamp room.  I have never been a big fan of crowds and I cannot think of a thing I need or want that is worth the crush.  I hope you have found all the goodies you sought!!
I want to acknowledge another pleasant Thanksgiving dinner at home with my extended family.  Even my stuffing turned out better than usual!  It was worth an extra trip to the grocery store on Thanksgiving to add the celery and perk up the flavor of my stuffing.  Have to admit, I was surprised at the cheerful attitude of the staff at the new Giant on Belair Road at Ebenezer Road as I walked through the store on Thanksgiving.  Not a single sour face in the store.  They seemed genuinely glad to help customers.   Isn't that a great attitude to have at this time of year?
Today I want to share with you a fun idea I saw on Pinterest.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I would have to use it for my coworkers Thanksgiving holiday treats.


One of my schools is Seven Oaks, so obviously, an acorn fits there perfectly and my coworkers at Oliver Beach loved it too.   Some folks said it was my best treat ever!  Hope my book club ladies enjoy it as well!
Here is how I packaged the treats...
The greeting says "Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings." (Stampin' Up! - Day of Gratitude set, available thru my Stampin' Up! website). Gratitude is a big issue for me.   I think there is nothing easier than saying "thank you" - just can't imagine why it is so hard for folks to do.  The word "entitlement" makes my blood run cold - the more entitled people feel, the less they seem to appreciate the kindnesses sent their way.
Here is another picture for you......

I ended up making about 150 of them...they are a Hershey kiss (the most time consuming part was unwrapping the kisses!),  a Nutter Butter Bite cookie (they come in a pouch) and a mini chocolate chip.  I melted some chocolate chips to act as the glue holding the three pieces together.  If you want to give them a try, I suggest you attach the kiss to the cookie first, let them set up a bit and then go add the mini chip. 
Now that you have made it home from the battle of Black Friday, don't forget to check out the specials at my Stampin' Up! online store. http://peggyouten.stampinup.net 
Also, remember to contact me by Nov 28th if you plan to attend the ornaments and treats class to be held on SATURDAY,  that's right SATURDAY, December 1st. at 1PM
Or, if you are more interested in package tags and gift card holders, join me on Sunday, Dec 2 at 2PM - the sign up deadline for that class is also Nov 28th.
Warm wishes to you as we kick off the holiday season.  I appreciate the support and loyalty of my customers and followers.  What are you thankful for this season?   Leave a comment on this blog entry and I'll draw a name for a secret prize.

Peggy

No comments: