Monday, March 23, 2009

mini brag book cover

Hi all,
This is a mini album made using designer series paper AND two coasters. Yep! The kind you get under your beverage at Outback or Red Robin. Of course, I swipe the coasters out from under my drink immediately 'cause they aren't very useful wet!! I love the crispy chicken salad at Red Robin and feel full after eating only half of the salad. SOOO when we go, I get a "leftover" meal to take home and 4 coasters (yes I make my family cough up their coasters too!) You can buy coasters in large quantities but hey! free works for me!! Actually, I have bought them on line to go with my Zutter binding machine. The neat part of this project cover is the die cut letter - made with my Sizzix die cutter and the SUP alphabet set and chipboard. After I die cut the letter I stuck it to a piece of DSP with our Tombow multipurpose adhesive then cut around the letter. The final step is to take one of our sanding blocks (p 189) and rough up/distress the edges. The Define Your Life stamp set was a logical addition to the cover. I did not take pics of the inside accordian folding album - I'll try to remember to get that up later this week. This is a quick and lovely way to do a simple scrapbook for a new grandma (BRAG BOOK) or for a special occasion such as a reunion or shower.
Nighty Night
Peggy

No comments: