Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Hi all!! 
It is 2:15 am and we have just finished making three pies, a jello mold, and assorted cookie recipes for our holiday celebration.  That may not seem like a big deal to some folks but this is really the first time since I found out I am diabetic that I have been willing to really throw myself into making holiday cookies.  It felt so good to do something I have always enjoyed, but recently avoided ... it was especially great because the boys helped me with the process.  I do enjoy my family times.  I can hit the hay now...knowing that the guys will not pop out of bed at the crack of dawn.  I will get to sleep in.  We had a lovely Chirstmas eve church service - the lady behind me (a total stranger) and I had a hoot of a time while we waited an hour for the service to begin.  At our church, ya gotta get there early ...or you stand!  The packages are under the tree and the shrimp and scallops are on their way to thawing out for our holiday dinner.  The only thing I wanted to accomplish tonight, and didn't, was to comb the dog - he was thrilled I didn't get to that task!!  He hates being combed!  But it is on my list for tomorrow afternoon!!  Don't tell him though!  Before I go to bed, I wanted to take a minute to say I wish you all wonderful joy and a sense of  peace.  I hope your families are near you this holiday and that you are enjoying health and, if not prosperity, than at least a comfortable life.  I appreciate all of you who visit my blog, whether you come only once or visit on a regular basis.  I encourage  you to join us at my stampin sessions where you will meet some great ladies.  Thank you for your friendship.
Merry Christmas!!
Peggy

No comments: