Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bee treats!!!

Hi all
Well school is finally finished for this school year - my 35th as a school based occupational therapist -yikes!  Looking forward to having the summer off.  This last week of school, I made one more set of treats for the staff at my two schools.  I think they turned out well and of course, the base of the treat is the owl punch.



The wings of the bee are a punched heart - I lined up the cardstock to the the punch so the bottom of the cardstock was about 1/4" inside the heart which gave the hearts a flat bottom and kept the wings from being too long. I placed a bit of adhesive vertically down the center of the heart and scored on either side of it, then bent the wings up and stuck the flat part with the adhesive against the candy.   If you visit my blog often you may recall that I made about 270 gator treats for the staff at my son's high school.(http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-interrupt-this-string-of-posts.html)   when I looked at how much scrap golden cardstock was left, I knew I would want to use up the cardstock scraps in some useful way.  I immediately thought of the bees as the best use of the color....however I tons more golden scraps left so I could create another swarm of bees.  ha!!
Surprisingly enough, some of the folks who received my treats throughout the year did not realize they were all made from the owl punch!  Silly, huh?  It has been fun to see the various treats stuck on walls, or on the frame of computers or even hiding inside the staff mailboxes.  They accomplished their goal of giving folks a cheerful moment!
Hope you are having a great day with the dad's in your life.  My own Dad has been deceased a long time (and I miss him always) and my husband lost his Dad just last week but we will enjoy visiting Dave's step father, a great guy.
Summer is on... come play one day!!
Peggy

No comments: