Saturday, September 17, 2011

Xmas SAS of 2011, pt 1, card 2

Hi all
Happy to share another card from the last holiday stamp a stack.  This card was inspired by a combination of several ideas I have seen from other demos.


This is a quick card - especially if you use my secret idea!!  I made a nine window template out of quilting template plastic - you could also use cardstock vellum to make a template! (I used the quilting template because it was going to be used to make more than 25 cards)    I cut out nine boxes and then attached the template to the card front using temporary adhesive.  Each image was stamped inside one of the boxes, alternating red and green inks.  After the stamping was done, we used markers and Dazzling Details to highlight the details.  The greeting is from the Grateful Greetings set and the small images are from the Jolly Bingo Bits set.  I think sometimes we forget that small images can be used to make full size cards by simply combining images or repeating the image.  The bow was tied before attaching it with a glue dot.  Are you curious about the green layer?  This is a die cut but I did not use the full scalloped square die because when it is cut out, it is too big for a standard size card front.  I hope to post a tutorial of how I got the smaller scalloped square soon. 
Hope you like it....check out my SU website for the particulars about my upcoming classes at
Peggyouten.stampinup.net

Peggy

No comments: