Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day 2009




Hi all

Although my own Dad passed away a long time ago (more than 35 years ago now -big loss for me) and I did not need to make him a father's day card, I did want my husband to have a card from the boys. I made this one. (Davy, John and I are the three little birds on the right!) I really like the shutter card but all the measurements get a little tricky when you try to layer without making each piece separate so I compromised a bit and separated in two spots. You cannot tell from the picture but the papers are the retiring Taste of textiles - copper and the lightly striped. All the images are embossed in copper ep. When my husband looked at it he said, "I have to admit, you are really good at this." High praise from him. I like the elegant feel of the card and I especially enjoyed using the letters which I recently earned from SU! Dave is not into sports, so coming up with a theme can be tricky!!
Nighty Night
Peggy

2 comments:

Ann said...

FABULOUS!!! Love it!

Linda said...

Great card!!!