Monday, November 9, 2009

MS tree CASED!!


Hi all!!
I am writing this on Saturday night..I should be doing my progress reports, but I took a break and here I am with a new project!! I am not a MS fan - sorry Martha is too big for her britches, in my opinion, so I make it a habit not to BUY her stuff. But I have to admit that she has good projects from time to time. Sooo I spotted one tonight at the craft store and decided I could EASILY make her $13 project from stuff I have in my craft room. This little tree actually stands about 7 1/2" tall. It was made from a 1/4" wide dowel rod, a 3" wooden candlestick, and cardstock. There are 7 scalloped circles - from the scallop circle die, the larger scallop from the scallop #2 die, the pennant die, the smaller scallop from the #2 die, the hand held scallop punch, and the last/smallest two are from the birds and blooms sizzlits. Each circle is scored, then folded, accordian style. I punched a hole in the center of each circle using my cropadile II. My Angel on the top is made from a portion of a small scallop circle, a circle and a small star (sorry ..the star is the wings but it doesn't show well in the picture). I think this little tree would be a great place marker at a holiday dinner table or a cute way to decorate your desk for the holiday. I didn't add glitter to the edges but that would give it a bit of pizzazz too. Sorry, Martha - I did it myself!
Peggy

No comments: