Monday, November 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Project #2

Hi all,
Here is another treat box/table favor that the gals made at Sunday's stampin session. It has an acetate window in the front to show off whatever treat you would put inside - I had in mind to put nuts in there. I wanted to find a place to use this word stamp because I love the thought, "The truest measure of our thanksgiving is how we use the blessings for which we give thanks." Nice, huh?
The box is a sizzix die cut (non SUP) - I have always been hooked on boxes, treats, etc. Have to admit I was upset when I went to prep for the session because I had it in my mind to use another one of my favorite Accucut dies. The die has disappeared ..nowhere to be found. Now the extra long Sizzix dies are not cheap ..can be as much as $40 or $50, but the Accucut dies cost waaaaay more...many of mine were over $100. So you can imagine that I am upset at losing track of one of them. It is possible I lent it out, although I usually have folks use it here instead of taking it out of here. It would be a long trusted friend who I would hand one over to. Actually, I am hoping I left it at school - each year I make treats for the Volunteer Appreciation Celebration and I am hoping I left it on their Accucut cart. I will be checking tomorrow. Any of you into ST. Anthony? Send him a prayer for me okay? I want to find my die ...and I want to find my memory too. Old age!
Anyway, this little pheasant appeals to me too. Seems like just the right bird for fall. The vine on the Sizzix wood sign die cut is from the Fresh Cuts set - that one always reminds me of Irish clovers. Trying to figure out the color I used? It was some Kiwi kiss cardstock I had from last years In Colors. Sweet little box that you could easily fill with chocolate without spending a fortune. Enjoy!
Peggy

No comments: