Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baby Shower gift

Hi stampers!!

Well I think I have whipped my computer into submission ..at least temporarily.  Here (above) is the base of my baby shower gift.  I used some retired DSP with a primary color of  blue and covered both sides of die cut chipboard (scallop square die). 
Next
I stamped a group of page titles and mounted them on cardstock.  Then I attached mounting foam to the back. Finally...
I stamped some childish animal images and mounted most of them on a scallop oval   with mounting foam on the back.  I bagged all of this so the titles were on one side of a piece of c/s and the animals were on the other side of the cardstock and attached the bag to the album by the split ring.  My coworker can use the titles in whatever order she wants and pair them with the animal images if she chooses.  Not quite a finished scrap book ...but far enough along that she should be able to pop pictures of the big sister, grandparents, parents and baby.  It went together fairly easily (I did it all in one night) and she can use it as an album or use the scallop squares on larger album pages.
Hope you like it!!  Please leave a comment!!
Of course with Sunday being mother's day, I will not be holding a class this weekend - but there will be a class next Sunday.  Stay tuned for details.  Hope you will join us!

Peggy

4 comments:

Carol V said...

a really cute idea...and I just got that scallop square BS die.

mary.schultz said...

I can't remember how I got to your blog, but someone told me about this and I had to see what you did. I have often wanted to make scrapbooks for new parents, etc, but haven't because I'm worried that my tastes won't match theirs, the pictures won't fit, etc. This is the perfect solution - give them everything they need to put it together themselves! Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea, you've given me great inspiration!

Peggy said...

In an email, Glenna Y said...

"pretty colors!"

Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea! I have several friends that are expecting. Now I know what to give them. Thanks for sharing. Lisa