Saturday, May 8, 2010

cradles

At the last minute, my coworkers asked me to make a baby shower favor.  I was short on time but never want to say no when folks ask for help so here is what I came up with.
This is the view of the end.  You can see that I stamped a cutie monkey on the end - I used all of the images from this set so each end was different.  I was trying to work fast, so I used staples to assemble the cradles.
The end of the cradle is a sizzix (non-SU!) die cut from a die of toast, butter and jam.  I think the toast did a great fake job for the end of the cradle!!
The body of the cradle is made from the milk carton die (I omitted part of the die).  the gals filled the cradles with trail mix.  When the party was over there were some left behind so we gathered them up for the pre-kindergarten teacher to put in her classroom for the little girls to play with.  They love miniature things so I am sure they will be a hit!

Peggy

No comments: