Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stampin' Up night at Open Door - project #2

Hi all
My project today is lovely in its' simplicity, I think.  A single image stamped in Taken with Teal ink on a folded white cardstock...and adding the dragonfly flitting by...nice, huh?  The dragonfly is also stamped on the inside of the card and on the envelope.  I used the horizontal slit punch to make a hole coming in from the top of the card and in from the bottom of the card.  Then I wove the ribbon through the holes and knotted on the front.  The heart flowers are punched out of Apricot Appeal cardstock and are popped up on dimensionals.  Don't miss the piercing step to make the dragonfly's flight path....just be sure you open the card before you pierce or uh-oh!! you have holes all the way through!  This is one of the cards we will be making at the stampin session on Sunday!
Hey!  I'm like the Orioles...I'm feeling a challenge to hit the ball out of the park two days in a row.  I will try very hard to be here again tomorrow with another card from the class so pop back for a look.  I need to hear from you by 7PM on Friday if you plan to attend.
REMINDER:  check your supply of cardstock, ribbon and ESPECIALLY reinkers for the retiring colors.  You won't want to get caught without enough supplies of your favorites!  Once they are gone, they are gone!!
Peggy

No comments: