Monday, January 23, 2012

Valentine class Jan 16th Project #4

Hi all
I'm taking a break from progress report writing to share another project with you from the Valentine class.  This a a sweet treat. 


To make this treat, I used a sizzix die cut (non SU) called "card, heart".  I actually don't think it would make much of a card, because it is only about 2 1/2 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide.  Tiny card!!  But I made it into a treat holder by scoring parallel lines on either side of the vertical score lines.  By creasing on my score lines, instead of the one the die impressed, I was able to put candy inside and have enough depth to contain the treat.

I started out by using a white gel pen around the edges of the heart but decided it did not present the heart as I had planned so I added sponging with white craft ink.  I used white grosgrain ribbon to tie the whole thing closed.  I stamped the greeting and then I wanted the greeting to be a rectangle, instead of a square, so punched it twice with the postage stamp punch.  The greeting is layered on a tag punch.  The inside of the treat was exactly the right size to hold three Andes candies.
Remember if you get me your $50 minimum subtotal Saleabration order today, I will input it tomorrow and you can earn a SAB reward.  Tons of folks will be inputting orders on the 24th so the earlier the order is entered, the faster you will get your goodies.  When you submit your $50 order to me today, you are entitled to get $2 off the registration fee for next Sunday's class.
Peggy

No comments: