Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine class Jan 16th Project #7

Hi all
The project I have to share with you today is a bit different from the others from this class.  This one uses Stampin' Up! fabric.  I am definitely not much of a seamstress - lost that skill when my carpal tunnel began years ago, but I love the many things you can do with fabric and paper crafting.

I used my Big Shot and the petal cone die (from SU, of course) to cut out the hearts.  I trimmed off the tab on the side of each heart.  I attached interfacing to the back of each heart to give each a bit of body.  Then I used baker's twine to blanket stitch the two hearts together.  I started at the point at the bottom of the heart and when I got to the low point between the two top curves, I caught a scruchie elastic in the baker's twine.  The elastic allows the recipient to hang the heart over the hook of a hanger.  When I was about 3 inches from closing the two hearts, I stuffed the pouch with potpourri. When I finished the heart, I liked it but it totally needed something....what?  I decided to add a polka dotted ribbon as a bow.  I used a silver brad to attach it to the heart.  I really like the outcome!!  fab!!
Peggy

1 comment:

Linda Tarolli said...

Great Valentines' projects. I especially love the potpourri heart. TFS