Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blog hop!! Get well project #3

Hi blog hoppers!!!
Welcome to stampinpegcadillo.....my blog devoted to my peccadillo...stampin!  If you are following the hop from the beginning, you should have hopped to me from www.amanda-lifeis.blogspot.com  I know you loved the wonders of Amanda's work.

This blog hop is featuring "anything but a card" and I have saved a special project from my last stampin class to share with you today. I hope it inspires you to do something nice for a sick friend!

 This hot cup is actually a get well treat.

Inside the cup are soup mix, tissues, and a chapstick - I intended to include a mini hand sanitizer but my soup mix was too puffy and I couldn't fit the hand sanitizer in there!
The flower design is stamped on a wrapper for the cup so you can stamp it flat on the table and then wrap it around the cup.  Easy peasy.  We used "Awash with Flowers" to stamp...a fabulous two step stamping set.  Inks are rich razzleberry and regal rose.
As you can see, we also used the Tasteful Trim die cut out of Bashful Blue cardstock using the big shot to make the trim around the top of the cup.   I added the die cut grass around the bottom in Always Artichoke cardstock, as well.

Here is another view of the flowers - these were done in daffodil delight ink with an outline in rich razzleberry ink.
The tag is done in rich razzleberry ink and used a retired SU set called Best Bar Codes (I have this set for sale if anyone is interested).  What about the flower on top?

The flower is another die cut...Bigz Island Floral Die - the leaves were cut once in always artichoke cardstock and the flower is one layer of regal rose cardstock and one layer of rich razzleberry cardstock. I punched a star shaped hole in the center of each layer and then stuffed one end of a wrapped cough drop through the hole for a total of five cough drops.  I had a bit of trouble finding a clear-wrapped lemon cough drop so I used a fat yellow lollipop in the center instead.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I will randomly select one visitor, from those who leave a comment here on my blog today, to receive a clear mount stamp set.  I'd be pleased to have you visit again soon.

The next stop on the hop is at ....... http://www.theloveofstamping.com  Check it out!

Here is the list of all of the blog participants:
Start 00 Hopping Just for the Fun of it http://www.theloveofstamping.com/hopping_just_for_the_fun_
01 Stampin' Dragon    www.stampindragon.blogspot.com
02 RaissaStamps   http://www.raissastamps.com   
03 Scrappy Stamps and Ink    www.scrappystampsandink.blogspot.com
04 Life Is...    www.amanda-lifeis.blogspot.com
05 stampinpegcadillo  http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com
06 The Love of Stamping    http://www.theloveofstamping.com

17 comments:

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Oh wow! I love this. Such a thoughtful gift for a sick friend. Wish I had seen this a week ago, as I had a friend who was in her 3rd week of being sick - this would have been perfect. Think I will have to make some of these and keep them on hand for the future. Someone is always sick it seems. Thank you for a great idea. Also, checked out your other "Get Well" ideas below. TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers and Aunt to 1 Marine

Xayide2 said...

I actually like the sucker in the middle of the flower set. Suckers are still great for sore throats. :)

Tory said...

That is such a cute idea. I've been meaning to do a class with a hot cup, but haven't yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

Holly said...

I love the idea of this get well cup! You have inspired me to try a few other thngs as well! Thanks for sharing this!

Veronica said...

Love your project! Thanks for sharing.

inkedx2 said...

What a cute get will idea! This will surely make anyone who is not feeling a little bit better.

Kim Miller said...

What a great idea! It will put a smile on any person who is sick's face.

Kim Miller

Sandi said...

Talk about "thinking out of the box" -- I love this Peggy. I saw a small picture of this on LNS and had to come to your blog to see what it was inside -- LOL. I love your design (stamping) on the cup!! Great class idea -- thank you for sharing.
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net

Sue Root said...

What a great project!! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

GG Judy Jackson said...

What a great idea. My daughter is in her third month of laryngitis. Not a good thing for a fifth grade teacher.

Kim said...

What a cute project! It will bring a smile to the face of anyone who is sick.

Kim Miller

Carol V said...

very cute idea! I love it. Thanks for sharing and inspiring...

Cathleen48 said...

OMG - This is adorable. I thought it was tea bags or cocoa. What a great idea. You put a lot of work into the cup and it is adorable.

Cathleen

Unknown said...

Wow what a great idea. It is just too cute.
TFS
Rhonda

Patrice H said...

WOW! What a cleaver girl you are.This is so stinking cut!!! May I CASE you (Big Smile) I will put a link to your blog as well. Please put me in for Blog Candy too!

Carey said...

This is so cute. I love the idea. I have that stamp set and haven't used it much. I think it is time to bring it out again.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Kathy said...

This is such acute idea. thnaks for sharing