Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine Shadow box

Hi all
Tonight I want to show you ONE of the versions of the Valentine Shadow Box we made at class and that some of my friends bought as a kit.

Because I made this project as a kit, I avoided using stamped images and instead included punched images.  A few of the items (Cupid and XO) are made of felt. The background of each section is the Twitterpated fabric from Stampin' Up! which was attached to the box using Tombow multipurpose glue.  In the past I have used both designer paper and fabric and I prefer the fabric.
Some of the folks got red glitter paper Cupids when I ran out of felt Cupids. The folks who came to class had another version of the box.  My husband and I were searching high and low for the base boxes and though we found a good number of boxes, they were not identical.  The kit folks got boxes that had 7 openings.  When I went to prep the materials for the class, I found I did not have enough of those boxes to cover everyone who had signed up, so I modified the design and gave them boxes that had 8 openings.  You may recall that the Christmas boxes had 9 openings.  Variety is the spice of life!!
I am hoping to find more boxes so that I can design a Easter box too.
Peggy

No comments: