Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Get well project #4

Hi all
Whooh!  Busy night!  I've been busy preparing "kits" for the Valentine shadow boxes we will be making at class on Sunday.  Some of my coworkers asked if I would also make up kits for them to do the project on their own and I was happy to comply...now that I have enough of the shadow boxes for everyone.  Tomorrow night I will need to put together several more kits for my other school and also the ones for class.  It is a fun project and well worth the prep time.  Would you like one too?
In the meantime, I want to get back to posting the get well projects from my last class.  The project I am sharing today was inspired by Dawn Griffith's blog.  Check out what I did...


When Dawn made her card, she used two pieces of the same base cardstock, but I decided to see how it turned out if you used two different colors.  Either way I think it looks great and it totally appeals to my enjoyment of fancy folds!!...and it is easy to make.  I also decided to use the scallop square die cut as the base for my card - I think Dawn's was a straight edged square.
Want to see the inside?   of course!!

My colors are Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Certainly Celery.  Stamps are Nature Walk.
Isn't this a fun card?  When you close it, you fold the right side in first, then the bottom, then the left side and finally the top - you tuck the right side of the top under the right side - the way you close a cardboard box.  Come back to see more soon!!!
Remember to contact me soon if you plan to come on Sunday.  Don't worry about the weather, if it turns out to be bad, we will make alternative arrangements.
Peggy

No comments: