Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter class project #5 carrot box

Hi all
Well, if your heart is with me, here is the update on my progress.....17 progress reports done, about 23 to go ...by Thursday!!!  Unlikely!!!  I trudge on!!
Today I want to share a fun little box with you.  This project was developed by Kay Kalthoff though I changed the green top somewhat.  I love the petal cone die and it is absolutely perfect for this project. 



Hope you are excited to be prepping for Easter!  This coming weekend we are meeting one of my very dearest friends in the world and her family for our long standing tradition of attending a local fire hall's Easter Bunny breakfast.  We have been doing this for about 20 years or more....my kids will join us even though my younger son is nearly 18.  Some things just have to go on, no matter how old we get!!
Tonight my younger son auditioned to play snare drum with a local college marching band.  I could tell he really enjoyed his evening, even though he was amazed at how much more sophisticated the band is in comparison to the high school band he is leaving behind.  This is my laid back son - not inclined to be very competitive but clearly he is feeling the call to rise to the challenge to perform at a higher level.  I am so excited for him. It is fun to see him finding his place in the world. 
Gotta go write an IEP so I can get back to my progress reports.  Who says teachers only work 6 1/2 hours a day?
"G'night"
Peggy

No comments: