Saturday, April 23, 2011

In honor of women class project #4

Hi all
This class had 8 great projects and I am excited to show you another one today.
Sometimes I goof....have I mentioned that before?  I think this project is an example of a goof..you be the judge.



I love the design that was inspired by one done by Barb Mullikin.  She didn't goof, just me.  I wanted to use her idea of sponging around an embossed image.  But I tried to match the ink to the new paisley DSP and so my sponging is done in Marina Mist ...to dark for my taste.  I did suggest to the ladies that they use baja breeze instead and it looked much better - the background ink didn't compete with the rest of the card.  Unfortunately, I was so busy taking pictures of another project the ladies did (each one being unique - yo'll see those later in the week) that I forgot to take a picture of the baja breeze version - trust me, it looked better.  I was pleased to be able to use the bird from the Clearly for you set - I think it is a heron - important to Maryland - but i could be wrong.  It was fun to show the newer stampers what embossing is all about.  It always delights people to see the the powder melt.  As we say, it is a wow!!.
Peggy

No comments: