Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easter class project #7 egg tree step card

Hi all
Hope you all are feeling warm and sunny!  Today I drove through a somewhat rural area to a local volunteer fire station where my family and my friend's family enjoyed another Easter Bunny breakfast together.  We have been doing this for years....wish I knew exactly how long.  My older son is nearly 25 and I'm not sure if he was born yet when we started attending this annual event.  How is that for a family tradition!  There is something very warming about having long time friends.  Anyway, along the way I was cheered by the beautiful yellow blast of the forsythia.  Even though it is chilly today, the sight of that yellow always assures me the feel of spring will arrive soon to catch up with the calendar.




This card is a twist of one made by Mary Brown (no, really, that is her name!).  Mary's card had flowers on it but I thought it was a fun twist to make the flowers be eggs instead.  The hardest thing about this card is getting the cuts the right size in the right direction at the right spot.  I saw it on line and played around til I figured it out.  The gals materials included pre-scored/pre-cut cardstock so they didn't have to struggle with that aspect.  Fun card!!

Remember to contact me by Wednesday if you plan to attend my next class to be held on Saturday at 1PM

Peggy

2 comments:

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

This is really nice! I love how you popped the easter eggs out! I love Mary's blog too. She has great ideas that she shares!

Diana K said...

Love the card. Very cute.