Tuesday, May 31, 2011

card class project #3

Hi all
Well it was a surprise to get out of school early today!!  I happened to be in an air conditioned school so it was not uncomfortable for me but I'm sure my coworkers at my other (non air conditioned) school were melting.  I took advantage of the time to knock out a few things at school while it was cool and quiet.  Love it.  Tomorrow night is a retirement party for a co-worker at that school so I was able to begin to assemble the memory book pages that have been contributed to her book.  Several years ago I was able to persuade the folks at this school to do memory books for the departing staff.   We seem to have it down to a well oiled process.   We choose the book size and then purchase a stack of decorative papers.  Each staff member - or any former co-worker of the person leaving -is asked  to contribute a page.  They decorate it what ever way they choose and it is a delight to see the various ways people choose to express their respect and affection for  the person leaving.  I think it is such a special gift - I hope when I leave there they make one for me!!  When I left today,  the principal was working on a double page spread from she and the AP - highlighting them as "Thing 1" and "Thing 2".   Mary Ann really enjoys making her creations and has even organized the making of similar books for "higher ups" in the county who have retired.  It is fun to see the idea catch on in the bigger world!!
But I'll bet you came to see another project and hopefully, you are considering joining us on the 12th to make this project.
This card was inspired by a card made by Kathy Janicki.  I changed up the colors and adjusted the center greeting a bit.  My flowers are 3D -popped up on dimensionsals and the flowers and stems are heat embossed.


The flower on the left actually looks like the other two - it caught a bad glare and ended up looking strange in the picture.  Hope you enjoy this cheerful little project - come to class on the 12th and find out the secret hidiing behind the greeting label. 
The county has already called fore a half day again tomorrow for heat - amazing!
Peggy

No comments: