Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hexagon hexagon hexagon!

Hi Stampers
Today I have a lovely card for you featuring our hexagon stamp and punch.  Hexagons are hot right now but punches have always been hot with busy stampers!!  I love my punches almost as much as I love my Big Shot ...which I also used to make this card!

The base of the card is Smoky Slate cardstock with a layer of Island Indigo on to top of that ....but the Island Indigo cardstock was first run though the Big Shot in the Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (TIEF).  Like you, I like to be thrifty, so I used half a doily up against the left edge to add a bit of frilly to the card.  The three hexagons (Six-sided Sampler set) were stamped in Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Island Indigo inks and they were punched out and then popped up on dimensionals.  The words are from the Loving Thoughts stamp set in the same three blue inks on whisper white c/s and punched out using the word window punch (love my punches!).  The ribbon is the ruffle ribbon and there is a bit of bling in the rhinestones(can you see the three of them at the start of the three words?).  Thanks to Beverly M for this idea I tweaked.
Reminder that I need to hear from you by Sunday, August 4th if you plan to attend the August Christmas Stamp a Stack class to be held on August 11th.  Materials fee is $25 (due in advance) and you need to bring your scissors, bone folder, and adhesives.  We will make 20 cards: five different designs, four of each designs.
Peggy

No comments: