Wednesday, August 7, 2013

banners and flags

Hi Stampers!
Hope you are enjoying these last few weeks of summer...in spite of the rain. 
Flags and banners are very popular elements in cards these days and this card that I have for you attempts to include them.  It is inspired by a card I saw on Barb stamps blog... with a few tweaks.  The most challenging part is the hole in the card front.  Can you tell that the zig zag DSP is actually on the inside of the card, not on the cover?  I used an Apothecary Accents Framelit but I cut a hole


that did not go all the way up to the top of the card front. I wanted some stability across the top so the hole couldn't go to the top.   How do I do that?  It's tricky, but actually fairly simple.  When I ran the card through the Big Shot to cut the hole, I made sure that the base plate was not under all of the card front but instead was slid downwards a bit.  By sliding the plate downward, the framelit did not cut where there was no plate and left me the header card stock I wanted.  Nifty, huh?  Feel free to contact me if this is not a clear enough explanation.
The valence at the top (made from another Apothecary Accent Framelit) covers up the butt end of the hole.  I was happy with the end product.
Are you one of those folks who wishes you could enjoy the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demo? .. the discount,.... the early access to new products, ..... ready access to the "demo only" aspects of the Stampin' Up! website...convention.....webinars.... fellowship....fun....income?  During the month of August, we are offering additional perks to new recruits.   If you are ready to give us a try, contact me and we can have a chat about what this opportunity can do for you.  Obviously, after 16 years with Stampin' Up! I believe in this company and this opportunity.   Would love to have you join me!  Don't let fear or hesitation keep you from giving it a try.  You could have a blast!
Peggy

No comments: