Thursday, August 15, 2013

Holiday SAS, Pt 1, project 3

Hi Stampers!!
Time for another fun Holiday card!!  This card was really fun for me. I had an idea that percolated in my brain and this is where I ended up!! 
 I wanted to honor our local area (Chesapeake Bay and Ocean City) where we love our beach and crabs and drinks.  I reworked this card several times to try to make it easy for my gals.   There are many small parts, but again, like the tree card, punching makes it easy peasy.  This card uses the Settin' Sail photopolymer stamp set - the greeting says "Life is more fun at the beach".  But to make it a holiday card, I layered the word "Christmas" above the words and blocked out the "Life" with the eyelets. The gals got a mix of gingerbread eyelets and Christmas trees.  The background of the card is polka dotted with the TIEF and my Big Shot!!!!!!!!
Lucky for me, the gals said they surely do have family and friends who will appreciate this somewhat off beat Christmas card.  At least I can say it is a bit out of the box.
Peggy

No comments: