Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Butterfly 6

Hi all,
If you are the kind of person who notes fine details you might have noticed that I have been posting the butterfly class pictures in numerical order...until yesterday. I skipped number 6 and moved onto number 7. Well, that is because #6 was my favorite card of the class and I wanted to save it for last. The base cardstock is night of navy and the DSP is from SAB. I colored the pretties flower - Now I had read a note on someone's blog to lay the white flower on my stamp pad and squirt the refill ink in the center and spread it around. When I tried that, I got a dark color which I did not care for. So INSTEAD I squirted some refill ink in the lid of my pad and dipped my brush into water and added it to the ink and then painted the mixture onto the flower which was laying on scrap paper. The result was a much more satisfying gentle color. My gals made their cards from the prettier color. The leaves are a Sizzlit die cut. The butterfly is from Dreams du Jour. I really think this is the best card of the lot. Are you disappointed that you missed making these cards? Contact me ...I may be able to repeat the session for you and your friends.
Nighty night.
Peggy

No comments: