Sunday, April 12, 2009

Daisies for Mom

Hi all
Hope you all enjoyed a blessed Easter and spent your day with your loved ones. I did. My day was particularly nice because I knew that my dear friend, Maureen, was in her own home with her treasured family after being in the hospital and sub acute care facilities for over 3 months. Being home is a good thing!

Today I have a washed-out picture for you ..sorry, I have re-taken it several times and cannot seem to reflect the actual colors in the project...hope you can imagine the colors as they really appear. The base cardstock is So Saffron as are the buttons. The next layer is sahara sand cardstock. The daisies are made from confetti white cardstock and a SU/sizzix die, and the grasses are stamped in Garden Green ink. This stamp set is on the "dormant list" - which means it is not in the catalog but it is still available for purchase. The accents are photo corner punches in Garden Green cardstock.

Well the kitchen is clean after our dinner of pork loin and bearnaise sauce (de-lish!), parsley potatoes, corn pudding, and sweet and sour broccoli. The sauerkraut and cranberry jello mold (thanks Mel!!) were especially yummy today! Chocolate pie and Angel Food cake with Strawberries finished off the meal. Just prior to dessert, we played a game for scratch off lottery ticket prizes. My kids are way too old for the Easter Egg Hunt motif!

We have one more day off of school (though I have to go to a medical appointment instead of playing) then back to work. But not many school days left in this year!
Nighty Night
Peggy

No comments: