Thursday, April 16, 2009

Manhattan Navy

Hi all
I love the elegance of this SU/Sizzix Manhattan Flower die cut and it looks especially elegant dry embossed on vellum cardstock. The base cardstock is Night of Navy and the "white" parts are Naturals white cardstock. The inks are silver encore and night of navy. The ribbons are SU retired night of navy and silver. The stamp sets are Oval ALL and Gallery.
The trick here is concealing the adhesive - my adhesive is under the vellum where the silver ribbon lies. For the medallion, I punched two 1/2" circles (using our punch) in the vellum so that I could put a dimensional attaching the navy cardstock and the medallion. Effectively, it keeps the vellum secure as well.
This card will be part of my Sunday stampin session.
Nighty Night
Peggy

No comments: