Monday, March 29, 2010

Another project for the ladies!!


Hi all
Isn't this a great card?  I designed it to show the senior center ladies various coloring techniques ...some of the ladies used watercolor crayons and an aquapainter to color their image.  Some used an aquapainter and a stamp pad.  Some used colored pencils.  Some used markers.  In fact, we even used two different strategies to stamp the main image - some used Black Stazon ink, and some used versamark ink and black embossing powder...I almost left my heat gun on the table at the end of the session!  Luckily I spotted it as I headed out the door.  I would have been sad to be without my heat gun.  I use it often!!  When we were all finished the project, the ladies signed the back of the cards(of course!!) and then we passed the cards around the circle so each lady could see how beautifully unique each card was.  That was fun! 
This is one of those cards that can easily be done in stages.  If you stamp a stack of the herbs, you can take them with you as you wait in the doctors office or wait for the subway.  Hmmmmm...I think I will make a few to take with me when I go to pick John up at school.  What is the chance the coach bus will actually arrive on time!  I will be less antsy if I keep myself busy coloring my images.  Great idea!  Think I will go do that right now!!
Peggy

No comments: