Saturday, February 26, 2011

2-21-11 card class project #6

Hi stampers!!

I have been a bit under the weather for the last few days and then today I woke up with an awful pain in my upper back/shoulder.  It kinda put me off my game today, so I did not stamp. 
But I did enjoy FINALLY reading a book on my Color Nook which my husband gave me for Christmas.  I have downloaded purchased books from B & N and have thoroughly enjoyed being able to surf blogs from my nook, but I had not yet mastered how to download books from the public library.  After fooling with it for a while last night, I finally succeeded in getting the book downloaded but could not get it onto my nook.  Dave is my "go to" guy about all things electronic so he jumped in to help me.  While he was reading the "how to" guides, I took the opportunity to do my monthly toys and papers swap of my school materials...put away February (ie all things valentine related) and pull out March (shamrocks!!)  This was the right time to do it because it was the warmest part of the day and I was in and out of the car and garage.  I am now ready!!   Eventually Dave was able to tutor me through what I needed to do to get the book on my Nook ....and I spent the rest of the day on the couch with the dog.  The book is really good.....Barbra - about Barbra Streisand.  I have long been a fan of her work but I am hearing how very odd she really was as a new star.   Hope she get more sane by the end of the book!!  My sister would enjoy reading this book though by and large, she is not much of a reader.
ANYWAY,  I realized just a bit ago that I had not posted a card for you for today so here goes....
I don't think my gals cared for this card much, but I like it.  I made if for the daughter of a friend - her daughter just graduated from college.  I plan to put her name on a cloud made from the icing of the cupcake punch and stick it on the top left side of the card.   The banner was made from the segments of the circles from the "Take a spin" stamp set.   I love to use specialized stamps in atypical ways. Can  you see that the blue background is sponged with clouds and the plane is on dimensionals?  The fancy silvery garland is from the Holiday mini.
The box class for tomorrow has been postponed ...it will be rescheduled when I feel more myself.   I appreciate the patience of those who signed up and agreed to postpone.  Hugs to you!!
Peggy

No comments: