Thursday, February 3, 2011

heart card - project #4

Hi Stampers!

What is the weather doing in your neighborhood?  Are we all eager for spring..yes ..Yes..YES!!  I had to laugh..the other day I had a lady here to talk about her wedding favors...we were kicking around some ideas to match her theme and looking at the many die cut boxes I have.  She expressed fatigue with the weather and said she was heading to the beach  for the weekend.  Her future in laws live in Salisbury and she was taking the opportunity to spend the rest of the weekend in sand in OC ..no snow.  What made me laugh is that just a short time ago, she had headed off to Utah to ski!  I guess she is a woman of many seasons!
Here is today's project ....
Let me point out a few of the special elements in this card.  The medallion on the card was made using two of SU's scallop circle punches.  When I layered the hugs and kisses stamped scallop circle on the rose red scallop circle layer, it looked a bit plain to me.  So... I used a 1/8" circle punch and punched around the design where the mini circles were stamped.  That allowed the rose red cardstock to show through the holes, then I dotted inside each circle with a white gel pen.  I like that.  I wanted the card to have a girly look to it, so decided to add some doo dads.  I did that by using the white gel pen around the edge of the larger scallop circle ...squiggles and dots.  Of course, the bottom of the card front is done with DSP so I added a punched edge.  That design did not show very well against the pink pirouette card base so I added a strip of the rose red cardstock to the inside of the card at the bottom edge - that allows the punched design to pop!  Nice!  The two black strips were added to add a bit of contrast. Again simple but loving.  Hope this gives you some ideas to try.
Peggy

No comments: