Sunday, February 6, 2011

heart card - project #6

Hi Stampers!!

Well it is late at night/early in the morning here and I am just now getting to posting the sixth project from my last class.  I was distracted with another project today - making the valentine treats for my coworkers.  I hope to post a picture of those in a few days...I will probably keep them under wraps until I give them out so as not to spoil the surprise for the coworkers who check my blog. 
The final two projects from my last class are probably my favorite two projects.
Here is your look-see for today......

Isn't it pretty?  I hope you can tell that there is lots of dry embossing on here.  The background is dry embossed with a textured impressions folder and each of the hearts is dry embossed with a different textured impressions folder.  The other day I told you.. I am hooked on the textured embossing folders right now!! 
This card is tweaked from one I found on the internet and I am bummed that I cannot give you the persons name.  I am still hunting for it.  Sometimes when I print pictures from the internet the person's blog addy is there and sometimes it is just jubberish, so I will have to post to one of my groups and see if anyone can help me find the name of the person who deserves mentioning.  This is a great card to mass produce because you can do it easily in stages - punch out all those hearts, pre tie the bows with the brad centers, dry emboss, stamp and sponge, then assemble.  I should mention that I did punch the hearts first and then dry embossed several at once, rather than dry emboss the cardstock and then punch the hearts out.  I felt that I could conserve cardstock better by punching them out first.  Do you have a sweetie that deserves a great card like this?
I hope you are taking advantage of Saleabration now...with each $50 (subtotal) of your order, you get to choose one of the free gifts (and there are LOTS of choices!!).   You can place your order through me directly or through my website (peggyouten.stampinup.net)   If you, or you and your friends, place a hostess order (at least a $150 subtotal) you would earn three free SAB gifts plus the hostess free $15 in merchandise and a level 1 hostess gift (or more).  What a great way to get the most from you dollars! 
Ever thought about getting the demo discount for yourself while also getting special gifts...now is the time to join with me ....whether you want to make your demonstratorship a business or just enjoy a discount on all your purchases.  Contact me so I can answer your questions.
Check  back tomorrow for a special valentine/heart card with a very different look!!

Peggy

No comments: