Sunday, August 19, 2012

Convention 2012 My Trades #4

Hi all
Okay...when I saw the Holiday Mini catalog (I guess you know that demos get to see, and order from,  catalogs a month before it appears for the public...lucky us!) I was sooo excited.   A long time ago, Stampin' Up! had a jar image that was such fun to use.  Well, we have another new jar image and the really fun part is that there is also a coordinating Framelits set, called Cannery, for the Big Shot too.  I know that the Big Shot can cut many different materials so I immediately had the idea to cut the jar out of metal. 

Guess what kind of metal I used? ???????  So simple!!!  Such a great look!!!
The top of the jar was cut using the cannery framelit and designer paper. So easy!!  Even the label was cut using the bitty banner framelits.  I love my Big Shot and I use it all the time!!!!
This card happens to also use the new Window Frames Collection Framelits (around the yum).  The YUM is not another layer - it is actually stamped inside the frame - this saves your card from weighing so much when you go to mail it but still looks like another layer.
Still wondering about the material I used for the jar?   It is a soda can!!  You are looking at the inside surface of the can.  Recycling!!!
The greeting "smile" was was made by omitting part of a petite pair stamp - we inked it using a marker.

Notice that in order to make the Island Indigo frame around "yum" I had to cut out the center ...you will see that reappear tomorrow!!  Come back to see!
Peggy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the jar!! At first I thought it was velium but I would have never have thought of recycling a can!! Too Clever!!
Thanks for sharing.

Vickie Steele
rnsteele80@aol.com