Monday, August 20, 2012

Convention 2012 My Trades #5

Hi all
Remember yesterday I told you to look for the inside of the frame in today's post?  check it out....

I hate to waste my materials so when I cut out the center of the frame for yesterday's jar card, I knew that my next card was going to have to use that lovely center part.   I encourage you to let your scraps inspire you, too.  You might be surprised at what you come up with!!
This card was actually rather popular when I was trading - I gave out all of them before some of my favorites were gone.  What I especially like about this card is how the ribbon ran over the Island Indigo layer but under the hello layer...I think it helps tie the two layers together.  To me the difference in the sizes of the two die cut pieces was too different to run the ribbon under both images.
Look closely at the designer paper ...you will see scraps of it show up in tomorrow's card.  Check back!
Peggy

No comments: